Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 15, 2008:

Got two boxes yesterday. One was the new tail light from eBay, and the other was the DC motor-to-transaxle adapter plate.

The tail light lens didn't match the picture in the auction, and has holes for three bulbs (the one on the car has four bulbs). Not good. Fortunately the packaging included a return ticket. Oh well. After all my purchases on eBay you'd think I'd learn not to trust catalog photos.

Bought another one on eBay today, and this one had a picture of the actual piece (duh).

The DC motor adapter plate looks good. It comes with a taper-fit keyed shaft adapter for the original flywheel and clutch. Yes, I'm going to keep the 4-speed, so I can shift gears. Probably spend most of the time in second. The motor I'm going to use is a NetGain ImPulse 9. Should have plenty of ooomph.

No comments: