Sunday, September 4, 2011

An early morning drive

Sunday morning. 7:30am. Nice day - I decided to get in the car and drive on the freeway. Where to go? I went to work and back, kind of a test commute. Too bad I take 4 kids to school in the mornings on the way to work - even when I put the back seat in, I'll only have seat belts for 3 passengers. And bug back seats just aren't that roomy in these days of 60-pound fifteen cubic foot backpacks - what's with kids and their stuff these days? Worse yet, no radio. They would lynch me.

Anyway I went to work and back on the 101. There was hardly any traffic so I got it up to 80mph no problem. There was more GO pedal left but I decided that a) I just finished building this car and maybe I forgot to tighten something and I didn't want to find out the hard way and b) I didn't want to risk a ticket just yet. Who knows what kind of reaction a police officer would have to an all-electric VW bug. He might tip off the DMV or something. Don't want to open that can of worms just yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You worry too much, I called the DMV and told them about your car - couldn't remember the licence number but gave them your address.
Harold