Monday, October 17, 2011

LA County Fire Department Car Show

When I set up at the West Hills Fall Festival two weeks ago, the Fire Department had parked one of their rigs nearby for kids to gawk at. Sometime during the day a fireman walked over to me and gave me a flyer for the LAFD car show, and told me I should take my car there. So I did - the show was yesterday.

When I built the car I didn't really give much thought to taking it to car shows but as long as people tell me I should, and as long as I have the time free, I'm thinking what the heck. It does give me the chance to spread the word about how cool electric cars can be.

So yesterday I showed up and got placed in the parking lot along with a whole bunch of souped up and restored classic cars. It was pretty much:


blue '55 Chevy
green '55 Chevy
green '55 Chevy
me
brown '55 Chevy
red '55 Chevy
yellow '55 Chevy


You get the idea. Anyway as a car owner you get there, pitch up your EZ-up, unfold your lawn chair, and plop in it. The other guys to either side of you do the same, so after a while you end up having conversations with your neighbors. Later in the day the guy next to me (the one with the '55 Chevy) said that my car seemed to be getting the most attention. People would walk down the aisle saying "nice car, nice car, nice car, WHAT THE HECK?, nice car, nice car", etc.

Some pictures from yesterday:

1 comment:

BobK said...

We need to all promote EVs when we can. Unfortunately the local electric car (Bayou Electric Vehicles, Lafayette, Louisiana) club to which I belong seems to have died (a bit before Covid-19). The guy who started the club took a better job in Texas. Oh well. I still do what I can.
Bobby Keeland