Saturday, October 1, 2011

Recent stuff

Thursday was a school holiday for Rosh Hashanah so I could go to work without having to drop four kids off at two schools, so I drove the bug to work. I didn't really get a lot of work done since we are an engineering company and everybody wanted to see it.

(work needed to be done) / (bunch of nerds) + (homebuilt electric car) = not much work done

Yesterday I took the day off so that Debby and I could go to the Alternative Energy Vehicle Expo at the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium. We drove the bug, of course. At first I had a little range anxiety so I brought the charging cord plus an extension cord. We left our house, went on the 101 to the 405 to the 10, and to the event. We ended up parking in the general parking area where there were no outlets. For some reason my range anxiety had fizzled out and we just attended the show. When we left we came home down the PCH and over Topanga into the valley. We got home with plenty of battery left! Total trip was over 60 miles. Someday I will find out what the maximum range is, but I'm in no hurry.

Tomorrow is the West Hills Fall Festival at Field's Market. Shelley has a Jazz Band performance there so I figured I'd ask the event coordinators if I could set my car up for exhibition, and they said yes. I don't even have to pay for a booth! Should be fun...

No comments: