Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day of driving around...

Well OK more like an hour of driving around. I spent the early morning manually balancing the traction battery pack cells (I will save the gory details for the EVDL mail list). Mark came over and I put the license plate on the back of the car and said to him "get in". I drove up to the gate and when it opened, we were off into the wilds of West Hills.

We did this a couple of times, terrorizing the areas around Orcutt Ranch and the Chatsworth reservoir. I wonder if anybody noticed a Volkswagen Beetle that made no sound? The rides were uneventful. Which is a good thing. I mean there were good events, like everything was working fine. No bad events. No funny noises or funny smells or smoke or sparks, stuff like that. Mark was a lot more excited than I was - I was like "of course it works" trying desperately not to upset the smarmy-karma.

Once I get more charging cycles under my belt I can get a better idea of the car's range. Things are looking good at the moment.

No comments: