Friday, August 12, 2011

OK so the Zilla isn't crazy...

It was my error - I had accidentally reset the default settings in the Hairball console, probably by typing the wrong thing into the iPad. I set the Hall Effect pedal option back ON, and the Zilla controls the motor speed normally with no error codes. Duh.

The DC-DC cable problem and the missing HV fuse are easy to fix. The EMS display is going to be tougher - I disconnected the pack + input to the EMS computer, but LCD still goes blank when the GO pedal is pushed. At least it clears up when the pedal is released now. I tried a ferrite cube on the composite video cable, no change. I tried a 0.22uF cap on the 12v input to the computer, still no luck. Oh well, I can think about this since I've realized that I don't really need to know what the display has to say while I'm driving. It would be nice, but not essential. Just another distraction in fact.

No comments: