Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cell Monitor Boards are in...

Got home from work today and found I had a couple hours to spare, so I decided to go for the cell monitor board install. I knew that I only had a limited amount of daylight and lots of screws to screw in, and I had to watch what I was doing so that everything ended up oriented in the right direction, plus I had to solder a few cables which means dragging the extension cord out of the garage blah blah blah...

I tend to get a lot done when I'm under a time crunch so I got them all installed before dark. I then decided to fire up the EMS computer to see if it could see all the cells, and sure enough, it did. I scrolled through all the screens to see all of the individual cell voltages and temperatures. This is all extremely exciting but I'm trying to be cool about it so yeah, it all works, big deal huh. I was so unimpressed that I ran (nonchalantly of course) into the house to get the camera. The monitor boards each have green LEDs on them so it was quite the light show. By then it was getting dark, so the flash came on, which of course drowned out the LEDs. The picture of the EMS LCD was likewise quite boring, so no pics today, folks.

And I'm not even going to talk about that other thing, that you-know-what thing.

No comments: