Saturday, August 20, 2011

No smoke? No problem.

It's rather like a normal car now. I had a social gathering to go to last night and I thought, "hey, I'll go there in the bug". I waffled a bit and decided not to be a chicken and just go for it, so I drove it. OMG it was great. Big hit with everybody. It was a combination of admiration, incredulity, confusion, and disbelief. I showed one girl the iPad setup and she said "that's not geeky, that's HOT!"

Drove home at night, headlights on and everything. Absolutely no problem. I think I'm already over the worry hump.

Observations of an electric car builder driving his electric car - I took one of my daughter's friends dad for a ride today, and  while we were driving I was thinking about what I could be worried about. How far would I have to walk home? What expensive part would I blow up and have to replace? What brush fire could I start? What body part would I loose? Answer - none of the above! Just charge it and drive, dummy!

No comments: