Monday, July 4, 2011

Another Rat-Free Day...

The dashboard that I've put in the car is intended to be temporary. I want to install as many electronic control and monitoring devices as I can, so that I can figure out what is important and the best place to put things.  I need to wait till the batteries get installed - they come with a battery management system that requires a display monitor, so there's another thing to position somewhere. I also have decided to ditch the XP-based PC hardware computer idea - there are just too many pieces (motherboard, power supply, hard drive, video card, monitor, cables, etc.). I'm going to try something a lot more compact, more simple, more powerful, and way cooler - an iPad 2. I've already bought it. It is so cool.

I have a custom fiberglass dashboard and center console for the '74 SuperBeetle that I (painstakingly) found on the web. That will be my final dashboard, once I've driven the car for a little while.

No acorn mess today. No rat body. The trap is still set. Just one little rat turd.

More pictures:

No comments: