Thursday, July 7, 2011

Test Fit of the Batteries

Amy and Shelley had a Basketball game today, they won 20-17. Yay!

After we got home, I moved the batteries into the battery boxes to see how they would fit. Keep in mind that these battery boxes were originally designed for twelve Odyssey PC1500 AGM lead acid batteries, four in the front box and eight in the rear box. The boxes were specifically sized to exactly hold these batteries with very little room to spare.

The GBS 100AH 4-pack Lithium Ion batteries are a bit smaller so I got 14 of them (more voltage = better performance). It turns out that I can fit five in the front box and nine in the rear box, perfectly, with a little room to breath to boot. The GBS dimensions have nothing to do with the AGM battery dimensions, but due to some cosmic serendipity they fit in my boxes as if the boxes were designed around them. I'm sure that there will be some interconnect cable drama ahead, but I know that I will figure it out. I always do :)

Here are some pics:

No comments: