Sunday, July 3, 2011

Still no Rat.

It's Sunday. No Rat. No Acorns. Been three days. Did he abandon his haven? Did he realize that I was on to him, and that he was no match for me, the very pinnacle of the evolutionary tree? Did he sulk off in dejected surrender forever, never to be seen again? Has he snatched victory from my hands, leaving me with a spiritually unfulfilled vendetta for the rest of my days? Am I taking this too seriously?

More progress - wired up the license plate light on the rear. I took out the dashboard to put on some final coats of stain and clear coat. I've been working on the 2-digit digital tachometer on the workbench with a function generator to check that it will work. I discovered that it will probably need a divide-by-2 circuit at the front end to accommodate the 4-pulses-per-revolution output of the Hairball. All this time I'm thinking that two little digits will not make for a good at-a-glance indication of motor RPM anyway (it's RPM  times 100) so I bought an analog tachometer at Pep Boys. I tried it on the workbench with the function generator and it works perfectly. I'm going to add it to the dashboard.

No comments: